When it comes to auto insurance, there are many factors that have an effect on how much you will pay. You might have heard some of the terms that show up in an auto insurance policy, but you may not understand what they mean in terms how much you pay and how much coverage you are getting. Cockriel Insurance Inc. are car insurance experts, and we have helped residents in Lakewood, Littleton, Arvada and through out Denver with their auto insurance for years. Before you decid on what type of car insurance coverage you want, it’s smart to consider what kind of car you have, your driving record and the amount of money you are willing to pay out of pocket both on a monthly basis and in the event of an accident. On this page we will help explain the basics of auto insurance so that you can make an informed decision on what will work best for you. We would also love to answer any questions you may have over the phone.
Every driver in Colorado is required by law to have some type of auto insurance. Here are the different types of policies available and how they work:
- Liability – This type of coverage will pay for bodily injury, including the medical expenses, pain and suffering and lost wages of the other party when you are at fault for an accident. It will also cover any property damage that may occur in an accident. In the case that you are sued because of an accident, it will also cover any legal defense costs. The amount of coverage to purchase can be tricky, so let us help find the right amount to keep you covered without paying too much based on your driving history.
- Collision – This type of coverage pays for any damages to your car when you get into an accident with another car or object and you are at fault.
- Comprehensive – This type of coverage pays for any damages to your car which is not related to a car accident. This would cover any damages caused by a fire, flood, theft or vandalism.
- Medical Coverage – This type of coverage pays for any medical expenses no matter who is at fault during the car accident.
- PIP – Otherwise known as personal injury protection, it will pay for your medical costs as well as lost income, funeral costs and other expenses that may result from an accident. PIP will cover you regardless of what party is at fault.
- Uninsured Motorist – This kind of coverage will pay for damages in an accident in the case that you get into an accident with someone who is uninsured.
- Underinsured Motorist – This is similar to uninsured motorist insurance, however, it covers you in the event the other party in an accident doesn’t have enough coverage to fully pay for your damages.
- Rental Reimbursement – This type of coverage will help pay for a rental car while your car is being repaired.
Regardless of what type of auto insurance coverage you need, our experts will help create the perfect policy at a great low rate. We work with many different types of providers so we can shop around and find the best policy for you at the best price. For a free rate quote please use our Auto Quote tool.